Win a Fabulous Christmas Gift Bundle in The Biggest and Most Exciting Competition of the Year!
I am delighted to launch my biggest ever competition in collaboration with the lovely folk over at The Scarlet Hotel, Veggie Desserts and Riverford Organic Food to offer one *very* lucky winner the chance to win a prize bundle worth £1500 – this bundle of unique Christmas gifts are guaranteed to evoke gasps of delight for the recipient on Christmas morning!
Thanks For Taking Part!
Prize 1: Yvonne Coomber Art
About: Yvonne Coomber is a contemporary British artist who works en plein air and is best known for her depictions of the English countryside. Many of her paintings are inspired by the landscape, with particular focuses on the natural world and colour. Yvonne’s highly sought-after flowerscape paintings sing of tumbling hedgerows, tangled meadowlands, open moorland and magical forests. They whisper of love.
The Prize: A limited edition hand embellished and signed printed canvas called ‘You are my desire‘ worth £950. These sparkling, magical pieces are hand finished by Yvonne Coomber with a selection of inks, gold leaf, oils, glitters, glosses and are infused with a lot of love!
Prize 2: The Scarlet Hotel
About: The Scarlet Hotel is a luxury eco hotel for grown ups, situated in beautiful Mawgan Porth on the North Cornwall coast. The Scarlet boasts magnificent sea-view rooms, a restaurant to provide you with a true dining experience and a luxury spa.
The Prize: A night’s stay for two adults at this luxury eco hotel in North Cornwall, with 3 course dinner and bed and breakfast for each of you (total prize worth £400).
Prize 3: Veggie Desserts
About: Pushing far beyond the boundaries of the traditional carrot cake, Kate Hackworthy puts vegetables into scrumptious cakes, muffins, biscuits, tarts, brownies, pastries and even ice cream. Kate is a freelance food writer, cookbook author, magazine columnist and award-winning blogger who has many accreditations under her belt including: winner of “Best Food Blog” (UK National Blog Awards), Jamie Oliver Blog of the Month, Top Sante Magazine Bloggers of the Year among others.
The Prize: A copy of the newly released Veggie Desserts cookbook by popular food blogger and author Kate Hackworthy. To accompany is a selection of complementary books from the publishing house Pavilion.
Prize 4: Riverford Organic Food Veg Boxes
About: From one man and a wheelbarrow, to an award-winning organic delivery company, Riverford began with a farmer selling 30 veg boxes to neighbours and now deliver around 47,000 boxes a week to homes all across the UK. Riverford believes in good food, good farming and good business. Everything they grow and make is 100% organic.
The Prize: A month’s supply of veg boxes delivered to your home! Packed with 8 varieties of freshly picked seasonal vegetables, the medium organic veg boxes (worth £13.95 each) are picked, packed and delivered fresh from the Riverford farm. This seasonal organic veg will perk your plate up a treat. Happy cooking!
Unique Christmas Gifts For Art Lovers, Foodies and Travellers
For me, Christmas is a time of family, friends, comfort and joy. After a busy year of creating, travelling and exhibiting, a restful and heart-filled Christmas excites me more than ever. Loved ones come from all corners of the UK to celebrate with us at this festive time of year, and Mike and I delight in opening our home and hearts to welcome them. Along with happiness, stories and love, visitors sometimes bring gifts with them and we are often the grateful recipients of interesting and unique Christmas gifts from all over.
Whether foodie-influenced, artsy or related to holistic relaxation, my favourite Christmas gifts are often made by independent creatives or artisans. Pots, plates, candles, rugs, images, bath soaks and mosaics in my own home take on quite another meaning when I know they have been lovingly created by someone who makes their living (either partly or wholly) out of their creativity. Whether purchasing directly from an independent artist, or searching for unique Christmas gift ideas online, the joy felt when you get your hand-picked artwork home is unsurpassed.
Christmas Gifts for Art Lovers
Many of you write to tell me that you have long wished to have an original painting, printed canvas or fine art print to display in a special place in your home so that a kaleidoscope of wildflowers could smile at you forever and a day. Receiving a piece of treasured artwork as a gift is perhaps one of the most thoughtful and unique Christmas gifts as it shows the recipient that you have carefully considered the wishes and taste of the lucky recipient. And if you’re looking for a suitable gift for an art lover, you’ll know that the discerning eye of an arty aesthete can be hard to please.
Artwork shows originality and makes a unique gift as it lasts forever and often becomes a beloved heirloom passed down the generations. Giving artwork to a loved one is so very special as it is something completely individual and one-off.
Whether you choose a fine art print, hand-embellished canvas or you go all out this year and splash out on a truly special original painting, there is something to suit all pockets. Yvonne Coomber Art also offers gift vouchers to let that special person in your life choose their own special piece of artwork to treasure.
- Price: £20 – £4000
- Who: For that special person in your life who deserves a truly beautiful and unique gift this Christmas
- Uniqueness: An original painting is the only one like it in the world, no one else owns the same so it is a truly unique gift in every meaning of the word.
- Web: https://www.yvonnecoomber.com/
Christmas Gifts for Travellers
Whether they love exploring foreign shores or prefer the ease of staycationing within the British Isles, it’s never easy to find unique gifts for wanderlusting individuals. Whisking your loved one away for a romantic break is not only the stuff romance novels are made of, but it creates treasured memories which last long after the holiday draws to a close. Enjoying time away from the whirr of everyday life is a delight which should be enjoyed at every opportunity, so gifting your beloved with such a thoughtful unique Christmas gift is sure to be a big hit on the big day.
Voted one of the top 20 hotels in the UK by Condé Nast readers, The Scarlet is a luxury eco hotel for adults on the north coast of Cornwall with sea view bedrooms, cliff top hot tubs, beautiful food and a luxurious spa. The Scarlet (along with its sister hotel The Bedruthan where my artwork is displayed), are my favourite hotels in the UK. Mike and I make sure we visit at least once a year, using it as a chance to unwind, recharge and take stock. With breathtaking views of cliff, sea and sky at every moment, and light airy spaces designed to connect you to the outdoors, it’s hard to describe the unique atmosphere of the Scarlet and the healing and restorative ambiance to be found there.
- Price: Rooms range from £230-£338. Spa treatments, meals and additions are extra.
- Who: For someone who needs a little time out and couples who want some blissful relaxation together by the sea.
- Uniqueness: The Scarlet is a hotel like no other with a very special ambiance.
- Web: https://www.scarlethotel.co.uk/
Christmas Gifts for Foodies
Food serves as so much more than sustenance for many of us in the West. We have a deep attachment to food which is inseparably tied up in tradition, ceremony and emotion. We often enjoy a celebratory meal to signify a special occasion, and different foods can be a delicious treat for all the senses. Olfactory and gastronomic pleasures are some of the most evocative and memory-stirring experiences a human can enjoy. Giving a food-lover a unique Christmas gift which celebrates food and inspires new and creative baking ideas is a wonderful idea and will be well-received by the foodies in your life.
Pushing far beyond the boundaries of the traditional carrot cake, Kate Hackworthy puts vegetables into scrumptious cakes, muffins, biscuits, tarts, brownies, pastries and even ice cream. This, Kate’s inaugural recipe book, will delight foodies who love vegetables (and those who prefer them hidden in delicious sweet treats – children pay heed!). This imaginative book is not about sneaking vegetables in, but celebrating them as hero ingredients. The result is great-tasting treats that are a lot less naughty; something which should be on everyone’s Christmas list this year.
- Price: 4 hardback recipe books totaling £75
- Who for: Food-lovers and those who want some inspiration for delicious healthy meals and snacks will love this bundle of newly-released cookbooks.
- Uniqueness: The unique gift that keeps on giving… lucky recipients can experiment and create new recipes every single day, changing their food habits for a healthier (more delicious) new year.
- Web: https://veggiedesserts.co.uk/
From one man and a wheelbarrow, to an award-winning organic delivery company, Riverford began with a farmer selling 30 veg boxes to neighbours but now deliver around 47,000 boxes a week to homes all across the UK. Riverford believes in good food, good farming and good business. Everything they grow and make is 100% organic.
Arranging for a loved one to receive delicious veggies straight to their door is a thoughtful and practical gift, and one which will encourage them to try new vegetables and recipes. Healthy living has never been more delicious!
- Price: 1 month’s supply of veg boxes from Riverford Organic Food worth £55.80
- Who For: Foodies who like their veggies organic, fresh and deliv ered straight from the farm to their door.
- Uniqueness: The gift of food is a joyous one indeed. And what better way to celebrate Christmas than with a month’s subscription to receive delicious organic veggie boxes?
- Web: www.riverford.co.uk
- The competition closes at 1159pm on Friday 1st December and will be announced via social media and the Yvonne Coomber monthly newsletter within 2 weeks of the competition closing date
- The winner will be notified via the newsletter and so entrants must remain subscribed to hear news of the winner
- The competition is open to all UK residents aged 18 or over
- There is no maximum amount of times an individual can enter, and each entry will be in with a chance of winning
- The winner will be picked at random and Yvonne Coomber Art will send the printed canvas to the winner via first class post as soon as is reasonably possible. (It is the winner’s responsibility to reply with their full name and address in order to receive their prize). It will be the responsibility of the winner to contact the Scarlet Hotel, Riverford Organic and Veggie Desserts to claim their section of the prize.
- The month’s supply of veg boxes from Riverford will be 1x medium original veg box worth £13.95 delivered weekly for 4 weeks
- No cash alternative is available, and no correspondence appertaining to such will be entered into
- The Promoter (Yvonne Coomber Art) and Partners (Scarlet Hotel, Riverford and Veggie Desserts) accept no responsibility for any technical issues, system or software failures encountered on or during entry to the promotion
- The promoter’s decision is final
- The winner’s name will be posted onto the website, as well as the Facebook page, newsletter and other social media platforms of the Promoter and their Partners. The winner agrees to the promoter and partners using their name in relevant marketing activity as they see fit (within reason)
- Entrants must read and accept the above Terms & Conditions to be eligible to enter
An entry will only be considered if the entrant likes the Yvonne Coomber Facebook page and is signed up to the newsletter (Notification reasons).
- Neither the Promoter nor the Partners will be held responsible if the competition winner does not remain signed up to the newsletter and Facebook page to hear the announcement of who has won
- This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook or Rafflecopter or Gleam
Specific Ts & Cs for Scarlet Hotel:
- The prize consists of a one night stay at the Scarlet Hotel in a ‘Just Right’ room based on two people sharing, and includes a three-course dinner and breakfast in the Scarlet Restaurant.
- The prize must be taken between Sunday – Thursday. Cornish school holidays and bank holidays are excluded (this includes May half term, Easter, the school summer holidays, October half term, Christmas, Twixmas and New Years Eve).
- Prize to be taken by two adults over 18 years of age
- The outdoor hot tub is not included in the prize (but is only £20 for hotel guests for 30 minutes).
- The prize is valid for 18 months from the announcement date and is subject to availability. Our reservations team can advise you of all these dates.
- Travel costs are not included in the prize, the winners will need to make their own travel arrangements.
- There is no cash alternative available for the prize as a whole or any of the elements included.
- Entrants must be 18 or over to enter, and must not be an employee of the Bedruthan Hotel and Spa or the Scarlet Hotel.
- Anything not detailed in these terms is chargeable.